Wednesday 12 November 2008

coming out as a thing in general

Why do gays have to come out? It should just be something people are like, ohh, ok then. They can have there hidden predjiduces. I man imagine if blacks had to paint there skin white and pretend they were white, and tell people they were infact balck, crazy, right?
By the way I found a way to solve the gay marriage debate, beacause the only REAL argument anti-gay marriage activists can make is marriage is religous, so make it so government can't give marriages, only unions, marriage is a title given by religion, I mean that is what marriage is isn't it, a holy union, holy sacrament, and that IS the work of the church right?, so as long as you get a church to marry you you can marry. As far as the hospital visit rights and things like that, that IS a job of the government, right, and does anyone deny that gay rights are civil rights, if the people had the right to take away blacks rights they would have! See marriage is a two part thing, rights regarding the law, the job of the government and religous, in the eyes of whatever, it being holy, the job of the church.

2 comments:

Tim Mulligan said...

I agree. I am married. I got married in a civil cereomony in a park and plan to have no children. So there are no arguments against gay marriage that wouldn't include me e.g. man and woman under God, an institution to have children. Let religions make their own laws but there is no justification for why a gay couple shouldn't have all of the same legal rights as my wife and I enjoy.

Happiness said...

I agree with you when you ask why gay people have to "come out." I have never seen a headline declaring someone straight, and I have never noticed anyone having to declare their hetrosexuality. Perhaps that will be the benchmark: once we don't even notice people's sexual orientation, we will know we've overcome this prejudice as a society.